SSC Stenographer 2020 – Staff Selection Commission of India also known as SSC conducts an All India Open Competitive Examination for the recruitment to the post of Stenographer Grade C and Grade D. The SSC Stenographer examination for the year 2020 is scheduled to be conducted on 28th August 2020 tentatively. The official recruitment notification will be published by the commission on June 17, 2020. All the aspiring candidates have to apply online for the SSC Stenographer Grade C and Grade D examination. In this article we have mentioned below Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Exam Date, Admit Card, Result, and Cut off.
SSC Stenographer Important Dates
|Application Form start date||17-09-2019 Changed to 20-09-2019|
|Application Form closing date||18-10-2019|
|Admit Card release date||December 2020|
Written Exam date
24 to 30-12-2020 (Revised) 22 to 24-12-2020
|Written Exam Result date||Coming Soon|
|Skill Test date||Coming Soon|
|Final Result Date||Coming Soon|
SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for the SSC Stenographer Grade C and Grade D post must fulfill the necessary eligibility criteria assigned under SSC Stenographer Criteria 2020.
- Candidates should be the citizen of India, subject of Nepal, Bhutan or a Tibetian refugee who came over to India, before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle permanently in India.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Eastern African countries of Myanmar, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention to settle permanently in India.
- Stenographer Grade „C‟: 18 to 30 years as on 01.08.2020 i.e. candidates born not before 02-08-1990 and not later than 01-08-2002 are eligible to apply.
- Stenographer Grade „D‟: 18 to 27 years as on 01.08.2020 i.e. candidates born not before 02-08-1993 and not later than 01-08-2002 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have passed 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- General / OBC -Rs 100/-
- SC/ST/PWD/WOMEN/ESM – Free
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
The SSC Stenographer Examination will be conducted in offline mode which will be a written examination and skill test in Stenography.
|Test||a.General Intelligence and Reasoning b.General Awareness
d. English Language
Candidates qualifying in the above-written test will be called for the skill test. The Skill test will comprise of an English/Hindi dictation for 10 minutes at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade C and 80 w.p.m for Stenographer Grade D.
SSC Stenographer Cut off marks Previous years
On the basis of the SSC Stenographer Cutoff marks in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for the skill test and thus it is important for the applicants to know the Cutoff Marks.
|Category||Cut off Marks|
SSC Stenographer Application Form 2020
The Application Form for the SSC Stenographer exam will be available online from October 10, 2020, on its official website www.ssc.nic.in. The last date to apply for the SSC Stenographer exam will be November 11, 2020.
- Candidates can make the payment of the Application form through SBI Challan/ Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking.
- The application fee for the General Category applicant will be Rs.100/-.
- Women Candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD and ex-servicemen are exempted from the payment of fees.
SSC Stenographer Admit Card
The SSC Stenographer Admit Card will be available for the applicants at least two weeks before the commencement of the examinations.Candidates have to download the admit card once it is released on the official website.
SSC Stenographer Result
Candidates qualifying the Stenographer written examination will be called for the skill test. The results of SSC Stenographer examination will be announced on its official website in the month of October 2020.
SSC Stenographer 2020 Important links
The schedule for the SSC Stenographer 2020 exam is as follows. We request you to follow all Important links that had been released by SSC Stenographer Exam 2020 and do not to forget to complete every related formality on time as we have all information regarding Form Filling and Important links, Vacancies & criteria for SSC Stenographer 2020 Exam.
|Online Registration||Click here|
|Revised CBT Date||Click here|
|SSC Stenographer Application Status||Karnataka Kerala Region
North Eastern Region
Madhya Pradesh Region