Advertisement No – CRPD/APPR/ 2020-21/7
State Bank of India Apprentices 2020 conducts the national level recruitment exam. State Bank of India Apprentices 2020 would declared the notification. The written exam would be conducted in 2 stages that are Written exam and Local language test. Those applicants who qualify Written exam would be short-listed to appear in language Test.
Applications are invited from Indian Citizens for engagement as apprentices under the Apprentice Act 1961 (as amended from time to time) 8500 vacancies.
1. Candidates can apply for engagement in one state only. Candidates can appear for the examination only once under this engagement project.
2. The process of registration is complete only when fee is deposited with the Bank through online mode on or before the last date for payment of fees.
3. Candidates are requested to apply Online through the link given on the following website https://nsdcindia.org/apprenticeship or
https://apprenticeshipindia.org or http://bfsissc.com or https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/ careers.
4. All revisions/corrigendum (if any) will be hosted on the Bank’s website only.
5. State wise seats of apprentices, State wise Local languages, District wise training seats, Age, Education qualification, Duration of training, Training,
Stipend, Selection Process, Examination Centres, Fees and other related parameters are mentioned below
SBI Apprentices Notification
|Starting Online Registration||20.11.2020|
|Last date of Online Registration||10.12.2020|
|Online Examination||January 2021 (Tentatively)|
SBI Eligibility Criteria
Graduation from a recognised University/ Institute.
- Minimum 20 years and maximum 28 years as on 31.10.2020 i.e. candidates must have been born not earlier than 01.11.1992 and not later than 31/10/2000 (both days inclusive).
- Maximum age indicated is for unreserved and EWS candidates.
- Relaxation in upper age limit is applicable as per Government of India guidelines for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates.
General / OBC / EWS – Rs. 300/-
SC / ST / PWD – Nil
Selection for engagement of apprentices would be based on the basis of (i) online written test and (ii) test of local language.
Online written test:
The structure of online written examination (online objective type) would be as follows.
|Subjects||No of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|General/Financial Awareness||25||25||15 minutes|
|General English||25||25||15 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||25||25||15 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||25||25||15 minutes|
- Each test will have a separate timing as mentioned above.
- The questions will be bilingual i.e., English & Hindi, except for the test of General English. There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th of mark assigned for question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Candidates are required to score a minimum percentage marks on aggregate (For SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates, 5% relaxation available thereon).
- Minimum qualifying marks on aggregate will be as decided by the Bank. There are no minimum qualifying marks for individual subject.
- Merit list will be drawn State wise and category wise. Candidates qualified in the test will be placed according to their aggregate marks in descending order in respective States and Categories. In case more than one candidate scores same marks as cut-off marks in the merit list (common marks at cut off point) such candidate will be ranked in the merit list according to their age in descending order in respective States and categories.
Test of local language:
The specified local languages of the states are as mentioned in the advertisement. The candidates applying for vacancies of a particular state, should be proficient (reading, writing, speaking and understanding) of the specified local language of that State as mentioned in the advertisement. The test for knowledge of specified opted local language will be conducted as a part of selection process. It will be conducted after qualifying the online written examination. Candidates who fail to qualify this test will not be engaged for apprentice. Candidates who produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate evidencing having studied the specified opted local language will not be required to undergo the language test. Candidates will have to appear for the test of specified opted local language at a centre (to be decided by the Bank) of the State applied for, at his/her own expenses.
A Wait list (State-category wise) will be maintained for one year from the date of result of the engagement of apprentices or next engagement exercise, whichever is earlier. Candidates will be released only once from this waitlist against non-joining subject to availability of qualified candidates.
- The Candidate should NOT have undergone Apprenticeship either in SBI or in any other organisation earlier or pursuing Apprenticeship Training as per the apprenticeship Act 1961 as amended.
- Candidates who had training or job experience for a period of one year or more after the attainment of the educational qualifications, shall NOT be eligible for being engaged as Apprentices.
- SBI shall have no obligation to offer regular employment to Apprentices during and/or after the completion of the apprenticeship period. After completion of Apprenticeship period, candidates will be relieved from the respective work area.
- The decision of the Bank will be final and binding on all candidates on all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications,
mode of selection, cancellation of the selection process either in part or full etc. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Filling up of the seats is solely at the discretion of the Bank based on suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for engagement, if some of these seats are not filled due to unsuitability / insufficient number of candidates.
- Online applications which are incomplete shall not be considered as “Eligible” and treated as “Rejected”.
- Candidates should satisfy themselves about their eligibility for engagement in apprentice. The Bank would admit to the test all the candidates applying for the apprentice on the basis of the information furnished in the online application and shall determine their eligibility only at the time of document verification. Admission to tests will be purely provisional without verification of age/qualification/category (SC/ST/OBC/EWS/
PWD), etc. of the candidates with reference to documents.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply online well before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability/failure to log on to the website on account of heavy load on internet or website jam.
- SBI does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of SBI.
- Not more than one application should be submitted by a candidate. In case of multiple applications, only the last valid (completed) application will be retained and the application fee/ intimation charge paid for other registration will stand forfeited. Multiple attendance/appearance by a candidate in examination will be summarily rejected/candidature cancelled.
- The possibility for occurrence of some problems in the administration of the examination in view of COVID-19 situation and otherwise cannot be ruled out completely, which may impact test delivery and/or result from being generated. In that event, every effort will be made to rectify such problem, which may include the conduct of another examination if considered necessary.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated online application form after submitting the application.
- Caste certificate issued by Competent Authority on format prescribed by the Government of India will have to be submitted by the SC/ST candidates, at the time of engagement, if called for.
- A declaration will have to be submitted in the prescribed format by candidates seeking reservation under OBC category stating that he/ she does not belong to the creamy layer as on last date of registration. OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-creamy layer’ clause, issued during the period 01.04.2020 to the date of engagement as apprentice, if found suitable for, will have to be submitted at the time of engagement.
- Benefit of reservation under EWS category can be availed upon production of an ‘Income and Asset Certificate’ issued by a Competent Authority on the format prescribed by Government of India.
- PWD candidates should produce disability certificate, on prescribed format issued by a competent authority as per the Government of India Guidelines.
- Candidates are advised to keep their registered e-mail ID/mobile active for receiving advices, viz. call letters/advices etc.
- Engagement of selected candidates is subject to his/her being declared medically fit as per the requirement of the Bank and such engagement will also be subject to all relevant rules/policies/guidelines of the Bank.
- Any legal proceedings in respect of any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and/or an application in response thereto can be instituted only in Mumbai and courts/tribunals/forums at Mumbai only shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any cause/dispute.
- The candidates will have to appear for the tests at their own cost.
- Engagement of selected apprentices is subject to his/her satisfactory completion of KYE formalities.
- No change of data after submission of final online submission of application is allowed.
- All candidates (except those belonging to North Eastern states where an alternate ID proof will do) should produce Aadhaar number before engagement, i.e. contract signing for doing apprenticeship training.
- BANK RESERVES RIGHT TO CANCEL THE SELECTION PROCESS ENTIRELY AT ANY STAGE.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates can apply online and no other mode of application will be accepted.
GUIDELINES FOR FILLING APPLICATION & PAYMENT OF FEES: [ONLINE MODE ONLY]:
- Candidates will be required to register themselves online through website https://nsdcindia.org/apprenticeship or https://apprenticeshipindia.org or http://bfsissc.com or https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers – Engagement of Apprentices in SBI.
- Candidates should have valid email ID and mobile no. which should be kept active till the declaration of
results. It will help him/her in getting call letter/advices etc. by email/SMS.
i) Candidates should first scan their photograph, signature & documents as detailed under guidelines for scanning the photograph, signature & documents.
ii) Candidates to visit website https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers and open the appropriate Online Application Form, available in the ‘Current Openings’.
iii) Fill the application carefully. Once the application is filled in completely, candidates should submit the data. In the event of candidates not being able to fill the data in one go, they can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidates should note down the registration number and password.
They can re-open the saved data using registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed. This facility will be available three times only. Once the application is filled in completely, candidates should submit the data. Thereafter, the registration is final and no change/ edit of any data will be allowed. The registration at this stage is provisional.
- After ensuring the correctness of the particulars of the application form, candidates are required to pay fees through the payment gateway integrated with the application, following the instructions available on the screen.
- Fee can be paid by using debit card/credit card /internet banking by providing information as asked on the screen. Transaction charges for online payment, if any, will be borne by the candidates.
- On successful completion of transaction, e-receipt and application form with fee details will be generated, which may be printed for record. Printout of Application Form is NOT to be sent to SBI.
- If the online transaction is not successfully completed, please register again and make payment online.
SBI Apprentices Admit Card
The candidates should download their call letter and an “acquaint yourself booklet” by entering their registration number and password/ date of birth from the Bank’s website https://nsdcindia.org/apprenticeship or https://apprenticeshipindia.org or http://bfsissc.com or https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers tentatively in the last week of December 2020 onwards.
NO HARD COPY OF THE CALL LETTER FOR ONLINE WRITTEN EXAMINATION & ACQUAINT YOURSELF BOOKLET WILL BE SENT BY POST
SBI Apprentices Important links
|Apply Online||Click here|