Notification No. SWR/RRC/Act Appr/01/2020
South Western Railway was created by amalgamating the re-organized Hubli division from South Central Railway and Bangalore & Mysore divisions from Southern Railway. It has been operational from 1st April 2003 having the headquarters at Hubli in the state of Karnataka. The Railway comprises of 03 divisions, viz. Hubli, Bangalore & Mysore and primarily caters to Karnataka state with 84% of its jurisdiction located there.The balance 16% of its route length falls in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Goa.
Online applicatons are invited from interested candidates for engagement of Act Apprentices for imparting training under the Aprentices Act, 1961 in the designated trades at Divisions/Workshops/Units of South Western Railway. Applications complete in all respects shouldc be submitted only “ONLINE” till 24:00 hrs. of the closing date and candidates thsoe who are already undergoing/undergone training should not apply against this notification.
Candidates should note and take cognizance of the fact that, this is a Centralized Notification for engagement of Act Apprentices under the Apprentices Act, 1961 for South Western Railway and Railway Recruitment Cell, South Western Railway, Hubballi (RRC/SWR/UBL) has been nominated as nodal agency for obtaining ONLINE applications from interested candidates and preparation of thier merit list.
South Western Railway Notification 2021
|Starting Online Registration||10.12.2020|
|Last date of Online Registration||09.01.2021|
South Western Railway Eligibility
The candidate must have passed 10th class examination or its equivalent (under 10+2 examination system) with minimum 50% marks, in aggregate, from recognised Board and also possess National Trade Certificate in the notified trade issued by the National Council for Vocational Training or Provisional Certificate issued by National Council for Vocational Training/ State Council for Vocational Training (NCVT/SCVT).
- The general candidates should have completed 15 years of age and should not have completed 24 years of age as on last date of notification.
- The Upper age limit is relaxable by 05 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates.
- For Persons with Disabilities, upper age limit is relaxed by 10 years.
- Application fees (Non-refundable) -Rs. 100/-
- The payment will have to be made online through payment gateway as a part of online application process.
South Western Railway Mode of Selection
- Engagement will be on the basis of merit list prepared in respect of all the candidates who apply against the notification. The merit list will be prepared for the purpose on teh basis of percentage of marks in matriculation with minimum 50% + ITI marks in teh trade in which Apprenticeship is to be done (i.e. 50% of aggregate marks, both in matriculation & ITI). The panel will be on the basis of simple average of percentage of marks in the matriculation and ITI.
- For the purpose of calculation of percentage of matriculation marks obtained by the candidate in all subject will be reckoned and not on the basis of marks of any subject or a group of subjects like best of five etc. For the purpose of calculation of percentage of ITI marks, marks mentioned in the provisional / Final certificate issued by NCVT/SCVT will be recknoned.
- For the purpose of calculation of percentage of marks of SSC/matriculation candidates, whose secured marks are not mentioned in these score sheet, the candidates may calculate the percentage of marks by using the formulae approved by the respective State Boards / CBSE / ICSE etc., for the grades awareded to them against the subjects, which should be the same for verifying at the time of document verification.
- In case of two candidates having the same marks, the candidates with older age shall be preferred. In case the dates of birth are also same, then the candidate who passed matriculation exam earlier shall be considered first.
- A final merit list will be prepared Division/Workshop/Unit wise, trade wise and community wise, equal to the number of slots in teh descending order of percentage of marks obtained by the candidate, as stated above.
- Candidates finally enlisted would be subject to verification of original documents and being found fit in appropriate Medical examination as applicate for teh Division/Workshops/Units.
- During submission of ONLINE application, a Registration number will be issued to each applicant. Candidates are advised to preserve/note their Registration Number for further stages of engagement process/correspondence with RRC/SWR/UBL.
Training Period & Stipend
- All trades the training period will be 01 year and as per extant rules, directives issued by Railway Board from time to time.
- No Hostel accommodation will be provided and selected candidates will have to make their own arrangement for stay during their training as per Apprentice Act, 1961 and they will be released on completion of the training.
A person shall be eligible for being trained under the Apprentices Act, 1961 and Apprenticeships Rules 1992, as amended from time to time, if he or she satisfiers the minimum standards of physical fitness as prescribed in the aforeasaid Actand Rules & the standards prescribed for imparting training to the relevant trade. The candidates should bring medical certificate signed by Government authorized doctor (Gaz.) not below the rank of Asst. Surgeon of Central / State Hospital at the time of document verification. The Candidates hereby advised to download the medical certificate proforma uploaded in the official website of www.rrchubli.in
How to Apply for South Western Railway 2021
- Candidates are required to apply “ONLINE” by visiting www.rrchubli.in and the detailed instructions for filling up “ONLINE” applications will be available on the website.
- Candidates are required to log on to the RRC/Hubli website www.rrchubli.in provided for filling “ONLINE” applications and fill up the personal details/BIO-DATA etc. carefully.
- Candidates should ensure their name, father’s name, date of birth exactly match as recorded in Matriculation or equivalent certificate. Any deviation found during the document verification will lead to cancellation of candidature.
- Candidates are advised to indicate their active mobile number, Aadhar Number (for authentication purpose), details of self bank account which is linked to Aadhar account and valid e-mail ID in the “ONLINE” application and keep them active during the entire engagement process as all important messages will be sent through e-mail/SMS which will be treated as deemed to have been read by the candidates.
- Candidates trying to submit more than one application with different particulars like Name / Father’s Name / Community / Photo (face) / Educational and / or technical qualification etc. or with different E-mail ID/ Mobile Number are advised that all such applications will be summarily rejected.
- Candidates have to keep printouts of their “ONLINE” application, if found eligible, he/she will be called for document verification and the print out of “ONLINE” application is required to be produced at the time of doucment verification.
- Candidates should upload necessary documents and the same will be cross checked with originals during the time of document verification.
South Western Railway important link
|South Western Railway Apply Online||Click here|