Adv. No. – 7/2020
The Government of India has initiated reforms for liberalizing the power sector in the country to contain T&D losses, burgeoning subsidy burden and rampant corruption & for improving overall efficiency by making every individual accountable. The enactment of Electricity Act 2003 was the first step in this direction. Joining the league of other states in India, regarding implementation of Power sector reforms, Punjab Government has also unbundled Punjab State Electricity Board (PSEB), which was a statutory body formed on 01/02/1959 responsible for Generation, Transmission and Distribution of electricity in the state of Punjab. Vide Notification No 1/9/08-EB(PR)196, dated-16.04.2010 Govt. of Punjab carved out following two corporations out of erstwhile PSEB:
1.Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL)
2.Punjab State Transmission Corporation Limited (PSTCL)
Candidates in their own interest are advised, not to wait till the last date & time and register their application well within the time. PSTCL shall not be responsible, if any candidate is not able to submit his/her application due to last time rush.
PSTCL Recruitment 2020
Oraganisation – Punjab State Transmission Corporation Limited
Post – Assistant Lineman (ALM)
Vacancies – 350
Location – Punjab
PSTCL A.L.M. Important Dates
|Starting online Registration||09.12.2020 (From 10:00 AM)|
|Last date of online Registration||31.12.2020 (Upto 05:00 PM)|
PSTCL A.L.M. Essential Eligibility
Punjabi pass of matriculation or its equivalent level and Full Time regular ITI in Electrician/ Wireman Trade from a recognized Institution.
- Eligibility of age limit as on 01.01.2020 for the post of Assistant Lineman (A.L.M.) will be 18 to 37 years.
- The relaxation in age limit is admissible to candidates of Punjab Domicile only. Upper age limit is relaxable as admissible under rules/regulations/instructions of PSTCL/Punjab Government.
|General / OBC||Rs. 400+ Bank Charges|
|EWS / SC||Rs. 160+ Bank Charges|
|PWD||Rs. 200+ Bank Charges|
Candidate needs to re-login and click the link/tab Make Online Payment active after minimum 48 hours of submission of the application. Once SBI Collect of State Bank of India portal is opened, then DO NOT CLICK the Refresh or Back Button.
Knowledge of Punjabi
Knowledge of Punjabi is essential for the post of Assistant Lineman (A.L.M.). For this purpose, all the candidates must have passed Punjabi of at least Matriculation or its equivalent level teh last date of receipt of applications.
Note : Relaxable for Sikh Migrants (1984 riot affect ) upto the extent that they will have to aquire such qualification within two years after joining thes service failing which their services shall be liable to be terminated.
PSTCL A.L.M. Selection Process
Education qualifications must be from a recognized Institution/University/Board. Candidates, who fails to do so, Shall not be considered and no relaxation shall be given in this regard.
There will be no written test or interview for the post of Assistant Lineman (A.L.M.), the merit shall be prepared purely on teh basis of the marks obtained in ITI (Electrician / Wireman Trade) only.
The candidate must acquire the requisite qualification before the last date of submission of online application. Candidate, who fails to do so, shall not be considered and no relaxation shall be given in this regard.
Note: If two or more candidates possess same marks, then their relative merit shall be determined by their age, candidate with higher age shall be placed higher in merit.
The selected candidates may be posted anywhere in Punjab or any other place in India under the jurisdiction of PSTCL.
How to Apply PSTCL A.L.M.
- Candidates are required to apply online through PSTCL website WWW.pstcl.org or http://recruitment.pstcl.org. No other means/mode of submission of applications including manual / paper will be accepted under any circumstances.
- Carefully read the advertisement and the guidelines regarding online filling up of application form.
- Befor starting to fill up the on-line application, the candidate should keep in hand the His / Her personal details, educational qualifications.
- Candidates should have a valid personal mobile number and email ID. The mobile number andc email ID should be kept active dureing the entire recruitment process. Registration number and all other important communication will be sent on teh same registered Mobile No. and email ID (please ensure that email sent to this mailboxd is not redirected to your junk/ spam folder). The candidate are therefore requested to regularly check their registered email ID/ mobile phone number for any communication from PSTCL.
- Any correspondence such as call for document checking etc. will not be sent by post.
- Candidates should take utmost care to furnish the correct details while filling in teh on-line application.
- Application once submitted cannot be withdrawan and fee once paid will not be refunded/ transfered in any case, neither shall be held reserved for any other recruitment nor selection process in future.
PSTCL A.L.M. Important link
|Apply Online||Click here|