Advt. No. 05,06 & 07
The Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) has been established under Article 315 of the Constitution of India, with the basic purpose of recruiting officials in various departments of the Government as per the requisitions sent by the Government in this regard from time to time.
The Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination-2020 (PPSC) is being conducted by the PPSC for recruitment of officers as Punjab Civil Service Principal, Head Master & Block Primary Education Officer
After completion of the examination process, the Commission shall send a list of the successful candidates to the Government, in such manner as may be specified
by the Government as mentioned in Rule 10(A)(1) of Punjab State Civil Services (Appointment by Combined Competitive Examination)Rules 2009 as amended by the Department of Personnel vide Notification dated 17 September, 2019
PPSC Important Dates
- Online application starting date – 02/11/2020
- Online application last date – 09/11/2020
- Exam held on – December 2020
The Punjab Public Service Commission invites Online Application Forms from eligible candidates for recruitment to 585 posts of Principals in the Department of School Education, Punjab
- Should have passed Master’s Degree in Arts, Science, Commerce or Engineering in any stream from a recognized university or institution:
(i) with minimum fifty per cent (50%) marks in the case of persons from General Category; and
(ii) with minimum forty-five per cent (45%) marks in the case of persons from the Schedule Castes, Schedule Tribes, other Backward Classes, Backward Classes or Physically Handicapped category
Age Limit (as on 1st January 2020)
- 18-37 years
- Upper age limit may be relaxed up to 45 years for Punjab Govt. and its Board/Corporation/Commission and Authorities employees, all States/ Central Government employees.
- The Upper age limit is relaxed up to 42 years for Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes of Punjab.
- Ex-servicemen of Punjab Domicile shall be allowed to deduct the period of his service in the Armed Forces of Union from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for direct appointment to such a vacancy in the Service Rules concerned by more than three years, he shall be
deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit.
- Upper age limit is also relaxable up to 42 years for Widows, Divorcees and certain other Categories of Women.
- Upper age limit is also relaxed upto 47 years for Physically Handicapped of Punjab.
Procedure and scheme for the Preliminary Examination
- The Commission hold the Competitive Examination for recruitment to the posts of Principals tentatively in May, 2020. The exact date of exam may be decided and intimated later keeping in view the public health safety issues. The procedure for Competitive Examination for selection of candidates for the post of Principals in the Department of School Education, Punjab.
- There will be a written test of 300 marks (120 questions of 2.5 marks each) as per following details:
|Topics||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Logical Reasoning & Mental Ability||40||100|
|Current Affairs & General Knowledge|
including History, General Science,
Geography, Polity, Economy, Child Rights
and the related regulation, Education Policy
of Union & State Govt., Counseling of
Students, Administration & Management of
Schools, Union & State Govt.'s social
welfare schemes , Nutrition , Sanitation &
Health and English and Punjabi.
- No candidate shall be eligible to be appointed unless he/she obtains at least 45% marks in the competitive examination (read 40% for the candidates belonging to Schedules Castes of Punjab and Backward Classes of Punjab).
- The papers will be of objective type multiple choice questions.
- There will be no negative marking in the written preliminary examination test, however there may be negative marking for any objections to the Answer Key found false/frivolous/not supported by authentic evidence.
- The question paper shall be bilingual and shall be printed in English (Roman script) and Punjabi (Gurumukhi script) excep
|Category|| Online Application |
|General||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 2500/-||3000/-|
|ST / SC / OBC||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 625/-||1125/-|
|PwD||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 1250/-||1725/-|
PPSC Syllabus 2020
Syllabus for Preliminary Examination
I. Paper –I (General Studies)
1. Everyday Science
2. Environmental studies
3. Political theory & international order
4. Indian polity
5. History of India
6. Indian Economy
8. Current events of national and international importance
II. Paper –II (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
Syllabus of Main Examination
II.General Studies-I: History, Geography and Society
III. General Studies-II: Indian Constitution& Polity, Governance and International Relations
Section-1: Indian Constitution & Polity
Section-3: International Relations
IV. General Studies-III: Economy, Statistics and Security Issues
Section-1: Indian Economy
Section-2: Statistical Analysis, GRaphs and Diagrams
Section-3: : Issues related to Security
V. General Studies-IV: Science & Technology, Environment, Problem Solving & Decision Making
Section-1: Science and Technology
Section-3: Situations in Civil Service -Problem Solving and Decision Making
PPSC Admit Card
Punjab Public Service Commission Admit card will be available for the applicants. Candidates need to download the admit card from the official website of Punjab Public Service Commission i.e. www.ppsc.gov.in. Candidates have to bring the admit card with themselves at the time of the examination.
Candidates qualifying the PPSC examination will be called for the Typing / Interview. The results of PPSC examination are expected to be announced after conduct successfully on official website.
How to apply PPSC Application
- The candidates can ONLY apply by filling Online Application Form, a link of which is available on the website of the Commission http://ppsc.gov.in No other mode of application will be accepted.
- The candidates are NOT REQUIRED to send the Hard Copy of the Online Application Form to the Office of Punjab Public Service Commission. However, the candidates must take out the hard copy in soft form or print out at the time of applying otherwise he/she will not be able to take out the copy at the later stage. He/she must retain the hard/soft copy of online application form along with all eligibility documents ready to be sent at a short notice to PPSC whenever required by PPSC.
- Candidates applying under the Sports Category if any such post exists, will send a hard copy of ‘On line Application Form’ along with Sports Gradation Certificate and other certificates related to sports to establish his eligibility under the sports category
- Candidates applying under Physically Handicapped Category if any such post exists, should also refer to “General Information” with reference to documents to be sent to PPSC
PPSC Important link
|Apply Online||Click here|
|PPSC Syllabus||Click here|
|Exam date notice||Click here|