Advt.No. – 1 and 2
The Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) has been established under Article 315 of the Constitution of India, with the basic purpose of recruiting officials in various departments ofthe Government as per the requisitions sent by the Government in this regard from time to time.
The Punjab Public Service Commission invites Online Application Forms from eligible candidates for recruitment to 585 posts of Junior Engineers (Civil) in the Department of Water Resource, Punjab.
The Punjab Public Service Commission invites Online Application Forms from eligible candidates for recruitment to 27 posts of Junior Engineers (Civil) in Punjab Water Resources Management and Development Corporation, Punjab.
Note : This Advertisement is being published as per the requisition received from the Department of Water Resource, Government of Punjab vide letter No.10/23/2020 – 2IP3/3899 dated 24/12/2020, letter No. 10/23/2020-2IP3/3963 dated 31/12/2020, letter No.10/23/2020-2IP3/24 dated 05/01/2021 and letter no. 10/23/2020-2IP3/393 dated 24/02/2021.
PPSC Important Dates
|Starting Online Registration||03/03/2021|
|Last date of Online Registration||27/03/2021|
|Exam Date||April 2021|
- Should possess three years Diploma of Junior Engineer in Civil Engineering from a State Technical Education Board or from recognized University or Institution.
- The candidate possessing higher qualification in terms of degree/Masters in engineering is also eligible, provided he/she mandatory possess basic qualification in terms of diploma in Civil Engineering.
- Punjabi of Matric or its equivalent Standard.
- Provided further that where a ward of Defence Service Personnel, who is a bonafide resident of Punjab State, is appointed by direct appointment, he shall have to pass an examination of Punjabi Language equivalent to Matriculation Standard or he shall have to qualify a test conducted by the Language Wing of the Department of Education of Punjab Government within a period of two years from the date of his appointment. Provided further that where a War Hero, who has been discharged from defence services or paramilitary forces on account of disability suffered by him and his widow or dependent member of his family, is appointed under the instructions issued in this behalf by the Government, the person so appointed will not be required to possess aforesaid knowledge of Punjabi language
Age Limit(as on 1st January 2021)
- 18-37 years
- Upper age limit may be relaxed up to 45 years for Punjab Govt. and its Board/Corporation/Commission and Authorities employees, all States/ Central Government employees.
- The Upper age limit is relaxed up to 42 years for Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes of Punjab.
- Ex-servicemen of Punjab Domicile shall be allowed to deduct the period of his service in the Armed Forces of Union from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for direct appointment to such a vacancy in the Service Rules concerned by more than three years, he shall be
deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit.
- Upper age limit is also relaxable up to 42 years for Widows, Divorcees and certain other Categories of Women.
- Upper age limit is also relaxed upto 47 years for Physically Handicapped of Punjab.
|Category|| Online Application |
|General||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 2500/-||3000/-|
|ST / SC / OBC||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 625/-||1125/-|
|PwD||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 1250/-||1725/-|
Procedure and scheme for the Preliminary Examination
- The Commission hold the Competitive Examination for recruitment to the posts of Principals tentatively in May, 2020. The exact date of exam may be decided and intimated later keeping in view the public health safety issues. The procedure for Competitive Examination for selection of candidates for the post of Principals in the Department of School Education, Punjab.
- There will be a written test of 400 marks (100 questions of 2 marks each and 80 questions of 2.5 marks each ) as per following details:
|Topics||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Questions from the Subject|
(Syllabus of Subject is
|Reasoning, Mental ability and|
- No candidate shall be eligible to be appointed unless he/she obtains at least 45% marks in the competitive examination (read 40% for the candidates belonging to Schedules Castes of Punjab and Backward Classes of Punjab).
- The papers will be of objective type multiple choice questions.
- There will be no negative marking in the written preliminary examination test, however there may be negative marking for any objections to the Answer Key found false/frivolous/not supported by authentic evidence.
- The question paper shall be bilingual and shall be printed in English (Roman script) and Punjabi (Gurumukhi script) excep
PPSC Admit Card
Punjab Public Service Commission Admit card will be available for the applicants. Candidates need to download the admit card from the official website of Punjab Public Service Commission i.e. www.ppsc.gov.in. Candidates have to bring the admit card with themselves at the time of the examination.
Candidates qualifying the PPSC examination will be called for the Typing / Interview. The results of PPSC examination are expected to be announced after conduct successfully on official website.
How to apply PPSC Application
- The candidates can ONLY apply by filling Online Application Form, a link of which is available on the website of the Commission http://ppsc.gov.in No other mode of application will be accepted.
- The candidates are NOT REQUIRED to send the Hard Copy of the Online Application Form to the Office of Punjab Public Service Commission. However, the candidates must take out the hard copy in soft form or print out at the time of applying otherwise he/she will not be able to take out the copy at the later stage. He/she must retain the hard/soft copy of online application form along with all eligibility documents ready to be sent at a short notice to PPSC whenever required by PPSC.
- Candidates applying under the Sports Category if any such post exists, will send a hard copy of ‘On line Application Form’ along with Sports Gradation Certificate and other certificates related to sports to establish his eligibility under the sports category
- Candidates applying under Physically Handicapped Category if any such post exists, should also refer to “General Information” with reference to documents to be sent to PPSC
PPSC Important link
|Apply Online||Click here|
|Important Notice||Click here|