Advertisement No. : PL/HR/ESTB/APPR-2020
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), the largest commercial enterprise in India and a Fortune “Global 500” Company, as a measure of Skill Building Initiative for the Nation, proposes to engage Apprentices in Technical and Non-Technical trades at its locations under its 5 Regions viz Western Region Pipelines (WRPL), Northern Region Pipelines (NRPL), Eastern Region Pipelines (ERPL), Southern Region Pipelines (SRPL), South Eastern Region Pipelines (SERPL).
Applications are invited from eligible Indian Nationals meeting the following qualification & other parameters for engagement of around 482 Apprentices under the Apprentices Act, 1961 (as amended from time to time) in the trades as. Those Candidates who are interested in the vacancy details & completed all eligibility criteria can read the Notification & Apply Online.
IOCL Apprentice 2020 Apply Online
|Starting online Registration||04.11.2020|
|Last date of online Registration||22.11.2020|
|Written Test||06.12.2020 (Tentative)|
QUALIFICATION ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Technician Apprentice Mechanical – Three years (or two years through lateral entry after ITI of minimum one year duration/10+2) full time Diploma in any of the following
disciplines of Engineering:
i) Mechanical Engineering
ii) Automobile Engineering
- Technician Apprentice Electrical – Three years (or two years through lateral entry after ITI of minimum one year duration/10+2) full time Diploma in any of the following
disciplines of Engineering:
i) Electrical Engineering
ii) Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Technician Apprentice Telecommunication & Instrumentation – Three years (or two years through lateral entry after ITI of minimum one year duration/10+2) full time Diploma in any of the following disciplines of Engineering from a Govt. recognized Institute:
i) Electronics & Communication Engineering
ii) Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
iii) Electronics & Radio Communication Engineering
iv) Instrumentation & Control Engineering
v) Instrumentation & Process Control Engineering
vi) Electronics Engineering
- Trade Apprentice (Assistant Human Resource) – Full Time Bachelors degree (Graduation) from a Govt. recognized institute/ University.
- Trade Apprentice (Accountant) – Full Time Bachelors degree (Graduation) in Commerce from a Govt. recognized institute/University
- Data Entry Operator(Fresher Apprentices) – Minimum 12 th pass (but below graduate)
- Domestic Data Entry Operator(Skill Certificate Holders) – Minimum 12th pass (but below Graduate). Additionally, candidates should possess Skill Certificate of ‘Domestic Data Entry Operator’ for training of less than one year issued by an awarding body recognized under National Skill Qualifications Framework or any other authority recognized by the Central Govt.
Age Limit (as on 30.10.2020)
- 18-24 years
- Age Relaxation as per rule Govt. of India.
IOCL Apprenticeship Training Duration
- Technician Apprentice(Elec/Mech/T&I) : One Year
- Trade Apprentices (Assistant HR/Accountant): One Year
- Data Entry Operator and Domestic Data Entry Operator : 15 months
IOCL Apprentice Selection Process
- Selection process would consist of a Written Test.
- Written Test shall be of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s) consisting of 4 options
with one correct option. Candidate has to choose the correct option.
- There shall be 100 questions in the Written Test and Total marks shall be 100. Each correct answer
shall carry 1 mark.
- There shall be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The constitution of the Question paper will be as below -:
a) Technician Apprentices – From the total 100 objective type questions, about 75 questions shall be from the concerned discipline of Diploma level and about 25 questions on General Aptitude and Reasoning, General English, Numerical Aptitude and General Knowledge etc.
b) Trade Apprentice (Accountant)- out of total 100 objective type questions, about 75 questions shall be from general accounts/commerce/finance and about 25 questions on General Aptitude and Reasoning, General English, Numerical Aptitude and General Knowledge etc.
c) Trade Apprentice (Assistant-Human Resource)- all 100 objective type questions shall be on General Aptitude and Reasoning, General English, Numerical Aptitude and General Knowledge/awareness etc.
d) Data Entry Operator& Domestic Data Entry Operator – all 100 objective type questions shall be on General Aptitude and Reasoning, General English, Numerical Aptitude and General Knowledge/awareness etc. of Class 12 level.
- Duration of Written Test shall be of 120 minutes i.e. two hours.
- Candidates can opt for the Question Paper/Test either in English or Hindi language.
- Minimum qualifying marks in Written Test is 40%. The same is relaxed by 5% to SC/ST and PwBD
candidates for the trades reserved for them.
- Obtaining minimum qualifying marks in the written test does not confer any right or claim by the candidate for final selection, as the same is related to number of positions, relative performance in
- Final selection for engagement of apprentices will be based on Written Test marks as per merit. Trade-wise & State-wise merit list for each Region shall be prepared based on Written Test marks scored by the candidates, which shall be arranged in descending order. Candidates, in the order of merit will be offered the apprenticeship.
- In case of tie for final shortlisting for engagement, the candidate older in age will be given preference in the merit list.
How to apply IOCL Apprentice
- Candidates meeting the above prescribed eligibility criteria should visit our IOCL website https://plis.indianoilpipelines.in and apply Online from 04.11.2020 till 22.11.2020 by 18:00 hours.
- Paper based applications will NOT be accepted.
- There are two steps for Registration process. Part-I & Part-II. In Part-I registration, candidate has to fill his/her basic details like name, category etc. and has to create his own password. After successful Part-I registration, system generated registration number is sent in his registered email id/SMS. With this registration number, candidate has again to login into the system with the password generated by him. Candidates are advised to remember registration number and password for future reference/use.
- In Part-II registration, candidate has to upload his scanned photograph and signature and furnish educational qualification, experience details etc. and submit the same. This is the final submission process and after that candidate cannot change the details furnished. Candidates are therefore advised to furnish the details in the portal carefully and check the same before final submission.
- Candidates are advised to follow the procedure mentioned in above apprentice engagement portal. In
case of any difficulty with respect to filling online application or making online payment, please
refer to FAQ/How to apply options available in the portal
IOCL Apprentice Admit Card 2020
Indian Oil Corporation Ltd Apprentice admit card released on official website before four days exam. Candidates who are short-listed for Written Test, shall have to download their Admit Cards for appearing in the Written Test through online portal only on the notified date. Admit Cards shall not be sent by post.
IOCL Apprentice Result 2020
IOCL Apprentice Declaration of result is not mentioned in the Mark Sheet, the candidate must submit a certificate mentioning the date of publication of result from the Principal of the Polytechnic / College / Institute from where the candidate pursued his Diploma course at the time of Document Verification before the Joining.
IOCL Apprentice Important Link
|Online Registration||Click here|