Punjab Subordinate Service Selection Board, Article 320 of the Constitution of India, although, provides that it shall be within the jurisdiction of the State Public Service Commission to make recruitment to Civil Services and for civil posts, yet the proviso there under empowers the State Government to make regulations specifying the matters in which either generally, or in any particular class of case or any particular circumstances, it shall not be necessary for the Public Service Commission to be consulted. Under the said provision the State Government has been making regulations in respect of posts for which it shall not be necessary for the State Public Service Commission to be consulted. As per latest amendment made – vide Notification No. 22/const./Art. 320/Amd.(34)/80. dated 6th March, 1980 to the Punjab Public Service Commission (Limitation of the Functions) Regulations, 1955.
Organization – Punjab Subordinate Service Selection Board (PSSSB)
Post Name – Assistant Superintendent/ Welfare Officer/ Probation Officer
Vacancies – 46
Location – Punjab
PSSSB Important date
|Starting Online Registration||16/11/2020|
|Last date of Online Registration||07/12/2020|
|Exam Date||Notify Soon|
PSSSB Essential Eligibility
A degree in Arts, Science, Agriculture and Commerce from a recognized University.
Age Limit (as on 01/01/2020)
- Min – 21 years
- Max – 27 years
- Age relaxation as per rule of Punjab Government.
- General – Rs. 1000/-
- OBC / SC / EWS – Rs. 250/-
- Ex-Serviceman – Rs. 200/-
All the aspirants are informed as under with respect to the written test to be conducted for the recruitment of Assistant Superintendent/ Welfare Officer/ Probation Officer of Prisons
- Exam will be Bi-lingual (English & Punjabi)
- The exam will be conducted in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) format.
- OMR sheets will be used for answering the questions.
|Information Technology & Cyber Laws||20|
|Languages(English & Punjabi)||20|
|GK/GA (India & Punjab)||20|
|Basic Law & Constitution||10|
- The distribution of marks/ question in each section is indicative. It may vary slightly.
Physical Efficiency Test
|100 meters run||15 seconds (One Chance)||18.5 second (one chance)||17.5 Seconds ( One Chances)||20 Seconds (One Chance)|
|Shot Put||5.50 meters (3 chances)||4 meters (3 chances)||5 meters ( 3 Chances)||3.50 meters (3 Chances)|
|Rope Climbing||15 Feet (3 Chance)||12 Feet (3 chances)||12 Feet (3 Chances)||10 Feet (3 Chances)|
Syllabus of Assistant Superintendent/ Welfare Officer/ Probation Officer
- Quantitative Ability – Numbers series, Profit and Loss, Calculation of Interest, Divisibility Test, Simplification problems, Problems on Ration & Proportions, Percentage Problems, Problems on Interest, Time and Work problems, Time and Distance problems, problems on Area and Volume, Calender, Clocks, Trains, Problems on Age, Data Interpretation.
- Information Technology & Cybler Laws – Basis of Computers, Working of Mobile Phones and personal digital Gadgets, Wireless Technology including 3G, 4G, 5G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, Radio Frequencies & Signal Propagation, Use of hotspots, Fundamentals of Computers and Networks, Internet and Cyber Laws, Malware, Concepts related to GPS, Geo-fencing, Fingerprinting, CDR Analysis, Understanding emails/ SMS/ messengers & tracing, Use of Office Productivity Tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, Database Management.
- Reasoning Ability – Problems on logical thinking, Alphanumeric series, Coding & Decoding problems, Letter & Number Series, Blood relation puzzles, Odd Man out problems, Analogy problems, Common Sense Test, problems on Alphabetical Arrangement of Words, Date and Calender problems, Sense of Direction problems, Ranking and Sitting arrangements.
- Languages (English & Hindi) – Basic Grammer, Subject and Verb, Adjectives and Adverbs, Synonyms, Antonyms, One Word Substitution, Fill in the Blanks, Problem concerning words, Comparison of Adjectives, Articles, Prepositions, Direct and Indirect Speech, Active and Passive Voice, Correction in Sentences, gender, Singular and Plural, Idioms and their meanings, Reading comprehension, Spell Checks etc.
- General Knowledge / Awareness – Current Affairs, History & Geography, its Physical Features, Climate, Demography of India, its economic and Social development, poverty Alleviation, Economic planning, Etc. Economic Affairs, and Culture, knowledge related to Political and Scientific fields, Sports, Cinema and Literature etc. Important Events, Movements and Leaders of India and Punjab.
- Basis Law & Constitution – Constitutional & Administrative law, its features, explanation on Citizenship, Fundamental Rights & Duties of the Citizens, Human Right, Supreme Court and High Court appointments, transfer, power, functions, Apex Courts, Controller and Auditor General Public Service Commissions and other important Officers, State Executive, Union Territories, Jurisdiction, emergency provision, natural justice, centre, state and local bodies, constitutional provisions of President and Council of minsters, etc.
How to apply
- Candidate visit PSSSB website www.sssb.punjab.gov.in for apply online, other any mode cannot accepted.
- Candidate before apply online check eligibility details and read carefully instructions.
- Before Submit application form check the all details carefully because after the submit form cannot correction in application form.
- After fill the application form candidate take printout application form for future.
- Application Fee will be filled in three days working.
PSSSB Admit Card
Punjab Subordinate Service Selection Board update admit card on Official website before seven day before examination. Candidate regular visit Official Website for more update.
PSSSB Important Link
|Apply Online||Click here|