Online application are invited from Indian Nationals for direct recruitment to the post of Assistant Central Intelligence Office, Grade II / Executive i.e. ACIOII / Exe in IB, (Ministry of Home Affairs), Government of India.
Name – ACIO-II / Exe
Classification – General Central Service, Group ‘C’ (Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial)
Vacancies – 2000
Pay Scale – Level 7 (Rs. 44,900-1,42,400) in the pay matric plus admissible Central Govt. Allowances.
ACIO Intelligence Bureau 2021
|Starting online Registration||18/12/2020|
|Last date of online Registration||09/01/2021|
Intelligence Bureau Eligibility Criteria
Intelligence Bureau Qualification
Graudation or equivalent from a recognised University
Intelligence Bureau age limit
- 18-27 years
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 year for SC/ST and by 3 years for OBC Candidates.
- Upper age limit is relaxable for ‘departmental candidates’ upto 40 years of age who have rendered 3 years of regular and continuous service.
- The age limit relaxable upto age of 35 years for general candidates and upto 40 years for SC/ST in case of widows, divorced women.
Intelligence Bureau fee
|Exam fee||Recruitment Processing Charge|
|General / OBC / EWS||Rs 100/-||Rs.500/-|
|Last date of online Registration||Nil||Rs.500/-|
Intelligence Bureau Selection Process
Intelligence Bureau Tier-I exam
|Subjects||Number of questions
|Numerical/Analytical/Logical Ability & Reasoning||20|
- The candidate has to appear in Tier-I at one of the 3 centre allotted to him/her out of his choice of three cities. There will be negative marking of ¼ mark for each wrong answer. No marks would be awarded for an un-attempted question. The questions marked as ‘Mark for Review’ by the candidates will not be considered for
- In order to achieve qualitative selection & recruit the best available talent, there would be cut-off marks (out of 100) in Tier-I exam as under: UR-35, OBC/EWS-34 & SC/ST-33 (all Ex-servicemen would be treated in their own category viz., UR/EWS/OBC/SC/ST)
- On the basis of their performance & normalization of marks in Tier-I exam, candidates would be shortlisted for Tier-II exam at 10 times the number of vacancies, subject to the candidate scoring the minimum cut-off.
- On the basis of their combined performance in Tier-I and Tier-II, the candidates would be shortlisted for the Tier-III/Interview @ 5 times the number of vacancies subject to the condition that the candidate
secures minimum 33% marks (17 out of 50) in Tier-II exam. Note: Cut-off for Tier-I & Tier-II exam in different categories may go higher depending upon the marks obtained by candidates and
number of vacancies.
- Based on the combined performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and TierIII/Interview, the candidates would be shortlisted for final selection subject to their Character and Antecedent verification followed by medical examination, etc.
- The date, time & centre of Tier-II & Tier-III/Interview would be intimated to the successful candidates by E-mail given by them in online application.
- Tier-II & Tier-III/Interview may not be conducted at all centres mentioned in Para 4 above. The department reserves the right to conduct Tier-II & Tier-III/Interview at a centre by clubbing the candidates
of nearby centres.
- The candidates would be required to adhere to the instructions contained in admit card/call letter of Tier-I, Tier-II & Tier-III/Interview relating to entry/exit, conduct inside the venue, frisking, etc failing which their candidature would be cancelled.
Intelligence Bureau Tier-II exam
Descriptive type paper of of 50 marks: Essay (30 marks) & English Comprehension & precies writing (20 marks)
Intelligence Bureau Tier-III
- Interview –100 marks
Intelligence Bureau how to apply
- Applications should be submitted only through ONLINE registration by logging on to the website www.mha.gov.in or www.ncs.gov.in. Applications will NOT be accepted through any other mode.
- Candidates can apply for the post provided they fulfill the prescribed eligibility conditions.
- The application portal will be operational from 19.12.2020 to 09.01.2021 (till 2359 hours). Registration done, prior to 19.12.2020 and after 09.01.2021, will not be accepted.
- Wrong information in any column may lead to the application getting rejected altogether.
- Candidates are advised to register well in time, since the application portal witnesses a surge in number of applications during the run up to the closing date. The closing date for receipt of online application
will not be extended under any circumstances.
Intelligence Bureau Syllabus 2021
Indian History, Polity, Current Events, Geography, Economy, Basics of Computers etc.
The focus will also be on Current national & International events, banking, sports, awards, recruitments, etc.
|Reasoning||Analogies, Similarities and Differences, Spatial Visualisation, Spatial Orientation, Problem-Solving, Analysis, Judgment, Decision Making, Visual Memory, Discrimination, Observation, Relationship Concepts, Arithmetic Reasoning, Verbal and Figure, Non-Verbal Reasoning
|English Comprehension||Grammar Rules, Antonyms, Synonyms, One-Word Substitution, Idioms & Phrases, Fill in the Blanks, Reading Comprehension/Passage, Cloze Test, Para-Jumble Sentences, etc.
|Quantitative Aptitude||Number System, HCF LCM, Simplification, Average, Time & Work, Mensuration, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Investment, Problem on Ages, Time & Speed, Problem on Trains, Permutation and Combination, Series and Sequences, Bar Graph, Pictorial Graph, Pie Chart.
Intelligence Bureau Important Link
|Apply Online||Click here|
|IB ACIO Admit Card||Click Here|
|IB ACIO Answer Key||Click here|